A Tennessee native, Brian grew up on a cotton farm in Medina, TN and attended Gibson County High School, before going on to earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from the University of Tennessee at Martin.
Brian began his Human Resources career in 1987 with General Motors’ Saturn Corporation following a successful internship. Brian held a variety of HR and manufacturing positions at GM, including the distinction of being one of the youngest Equal Employment Opportunity Officers in General Motors. In 1995 he transferred to GM’s Delphi Corporation where he led human resources for the start-up Delphi Thermal Systems in Mexico.
In 2000, Brian left GM to join Magotteaux (pronounced Mag-a-toe), a Belgium based manufacturer where he was Director of Human Resources for North and South America.
In 2004, Brian joined Tractor Supply Company, where he held various leadership roles in Human Resources, most recently serving as Chief Human Resources Officer during Tractor Supply’s CEO transition and COVID-19 pandemic response.
At the end of 2020, Brian retired from Tractor Supply to start his own HR consulting and advisory service under the name BKEadvisor.
Brian is actively engaged in the community and volunteerism, including:
Cul2vate Board of Directors 2023-Present
• Leadership Brentwood Class of 2018 Graduate, Steering Board 2018-2023, Alumni Board 2020-Present
• United Way of Williamson County Board of Directors/Advisory Council 2012-2021, Campaign Chair 2015 and Tocqueville Society Chair 2016-2018.
• City of Elizabethton Historic Zoning Commission 2022- Present
• City of Brentwood Tree Board 2020-2022
• Mentor and guest lecturer for Williamson County School’s Entrepreneurship & Innovation Center 2020-2021
• Dean’s Advisory Board for Lipscomb University’s College of Business from 2017-2020.
Brian has been happily married to his wife Michelle for more than 30 years. They call Brentwood and Elizabethton, TN home and split their time between the two cities.